Thinking of tearing into it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just read back through both those threads an I stand by the advice I gave in the first one. I'm betting you need a new injector assembly or fpr. The back firing is unburned fuel igniting in the exhaust. If you keep driving it with it that rich your going to melt your converters as well...

I was told that my fpr was part of the assembly and cant be replaced on it's own. And considering that it's been like this for so long, I've probably already screwed up my cats. And I dont want to start throwing money at it if I'm going to be trading it soon.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
I was told that my fpr was part of the assembly and cant be replaced on it's own. And considering that it's been like this for so long, I've probably already screwed up my cats. And I dont want to start throwing money at it if I'm going to be trading it soon.

Running right = more $$$$$$$$

Sent from Robland

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I wouldn't do a thing to it then if your going to get rid of it. There will be no return on your investment what so ever...

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fuel pressure regulator is part number 800-315 at auto zone an is $45 btw. You can replace it separately.

Upper plenum gasket set is MS90296 an is $21

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
But at the same time, I'd hate to trade a truck that someone's going to have to turn around and throw money into just to get it into proper/better condition.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Decided to make a couple videos.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

See if those add any new info. I still plan on replacing the FPR soon, if not the whole spider.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
All i have to say is this...what is the point in asking all these questions when you arent taking the advice given by people who have been here before in some form or another. Take apart the intake, replace the FPR and install the updated spider assembly then put it back together and call it a day.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am amazed you don't have a slew of SES Codes........ Pull your intake ducting off the throttle body, unplug your TPS and IAC, remove the throttle body (3 bolts into the intake mani and one for the throttle/cruise control bracket and look for a lake of fuel in your intake manifold. You might be able to see it without removing the throttle body but with it removed you can see farther back.