Thinking of going with six bolt pattern

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys since my front rotors have never been replaced or turned and one of them is looking bad I was wondering couldn't I just buy six bolt rotors to fit my 1/2 ton 93 GMC truck also can I just replace my back axles to have six bolt pattern?

I was thinking of dropping my truck some but with my 10" wheels they will rub on the boards and it's not like I can roll the fenders since the fiberglass on the boards are screwed onto the fenders. Thinner wheels with my running boards really look ugly to me I guess where im going is some members here have bigger wheels like 20" in the back with 18" up front which look awesome but I think the newer bigger wheels wouldn't look as good as now because my 10" wheels look good with my wide fenders.

Any idea's on how I could do it meaning leaving on my running boards on now im old school and know nothing about newer wheels and what can do?

Now I just have shackles on the back springs which makes it look even but look below of what I want to use.

large image $160.70

Lowering Spring, Leaf, Rear, Black, Chevy, GMC, C1500 Pickup, Each
Application Specific Part: Check Application

Brand Belltech Sport Trucks
Manufacturer's Part Number 5950
Part Type Lowering Springs
Product Line Belltech Sport Trucks Lowering Multi-Pack Leaf Springs
Summit Racing Part Number BEL-5950
UPC 722439059502

Spring Position Rear
Spring Type Leaf
Progressive Rate Spring No
Bushings Included Yes
Bushing Material Rubber
Bushing Color Black
Spring Finish Black
Quantity Sold individually.

These lowering multi-pack leaf springs from Belltech Sport Trucks are designed to lower the rear of your truck 3 to 4 in. (depending on the application), while still providing a smooth ride. These leaf springs are powdercoated and come complete with OEM bushings and sleeves.

For the front I could just buy spindles and springs to lower it I think or maybe I should just leave it as is and buy some newer 15X10" wheels that will up-date my truck look. Or maybe im screwing up because I might be asking for trouble for I might break my running boards if I lower it. HELP im lost.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody.....can it be done to convert to six lugs how I wrote above.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
why in the world would you want 6 lug? tons more wheel options and better looking 5 lug wheels.

I wished my 6 lug 4x4 was 5 lug.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes you can get 6 lug light duty 3/4 ton rotor's and swap them out for your 5 lug rotor's, and for the rear I would look for a rear end also out of a 2wd light duty 3/4 ton 6 lug, I have no idea if the axles will interchange between the 2 different 2wd rear end's though, my gues would be no.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Yes you can get 6 lug light duty 3/4 ton rotor's and swap them out for your 5 lug rotor's, and for the rear I would look for a rear end also out of a 2wd light duty 3/4 ton 6 lug, I have no idea if the axles will interchange between the 2 different 2wd rear end's though, my gues would be no.

Its a bit more then that actually. You will need to swap to the same light duty 3/4 tons spindles as well as the rotors are thicker. And you would need to swap the entire rear axle out for one from a 4wd to get the 6 lug rear. There are lowering spindles for the 3/4 ton LD though. Just when you are reading the info on them look for ones that are for a 1 1/4" rotor. The 5 lug rotors you have now are 1" thick. I found out about the two different types while researching 6 lug disk brake conversions on my '69 GMC.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its a bit more then that actually. You will need to swap to the same light duty 3/4 tons spindles as well as the rotors are thicker. And you would need to swap the entire rear axle out for one from a 4wd to get the 6 lug rear. There are lowering spindles for the 3/4 ton LD though. Just when you are reading the info on them look for ones that are for a 1 1/4" rotor. The 5 lug rotors you have now are 1" thick. I found out about the two different types while researching 6 lug disk brake conversions on my '69 GMC.

Oh forget that im not doing all that im staying with 5 lug. Hey guys look up this seller on ebay I like his wheels the listing might not be for my truck but if one reads more he does have my size. .Item number: 230794929239

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You do not have to swap spindles to swap do the 6 lug rotor swap on the 93 like his, the only ones that would need the swap would be the older model's that had the light duty brakes like some 88-91's did, all the 92+ 5 lug spindle's will accept the 6 lug LD rotor, and the even use the same wheel bearing's as the 5 lug!