THE ULTIMATE GMT400 STORY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I think he's talking out of his ass, but I always get yelled at for speaking my mind which is why I asked for pics before going off on him. Lol

-Via Mobile-

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't going to say anything, but since Dean brought it up.....

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
well I'm just doubtful.... prove me wrong I hope he does.... tis why I was nice about it.

Sent from my static android

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why would he have any reason to lie? I am just saying..... He just posted today, give him a chance to respond...some people don't check the forums every hour.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would he have any reason to lie? I am just saying..... He just posted today, give him a chance to respond...some people don't check the forums every hour.

Takes the story from "All's well that ends well" to "COOL!". If a shop screws up your motor and they replace it, they're doing to the right thing. If a shop screws up your motor and then repowers it with, for all intents and purposes, a Corvette motor then it's one of those stories you tell for the rest of your life.

PS: But I think he meant L31, not LS1, and perhaps isn't aware of a the difference, or it's just a typo.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
eh I don't buy it... I'm not trying to be THAT guy, but let's be real. how many dealerships are going to replace the motor in a 14 year old truck with an ls1, and change everything needed to make the swap work? replace the 350 due to them tearing it up.... sure but not an ls1 swap. as the saying goes.... pics or it didn't happen.

Sent from my static android

Agreed im inclined to throw up the BS flag too
I agree, but I would be willing to bet they just put a, new GM l31 in it, but I'm skeptical about even that...

Most likely they prob threw in a crate reman engine

Takes the story from "All's well that ends well" to "COOL!". If a shop screws up your motor and they replace it, they're doing to the right thing. If a shop screws up your motor and then repowers it with, for all intents and purposes, a Corvette motor then it's one of those stories you tell for the rest of your life.

PS: But I think he meant L31, not LS1, and perhaps isn't aware of a the difference, or it's just a typo.

Yea i agree with this...more then likely as said above an L31 reman crate motor.