The truck got stuck :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Yes, you should be able to see the fuel spray as the engine turns over. If you do not have fuel spray, you first need to check all your fuses. There is a fuse for the computer as well as for the injectors. From there, Check your fuel pressure (have to get a inline one to go where your fuel filter goes). If its to spec, change your distributor to a known good one. If you have fuel pressure and your fuses are good, and still no fuel, the pickup coil inside the distributor is probably bad and its a major PITA to change, you have to take the gear off and pull the distributor shaft out. Easier to put a whole distributor in it. If you have spark on one plug, the ignition module is working. If you have no fuel pressure, or little pressure that falls quickly after the pump goes off, the fuel pressure regulator may be to blame, but more commonly, the rubber line between the pump and the pickup in the gas tank has degraded or come off, and is leaking fuel back into the fuel tank. Cheap fix, but a pretty involved one. If you can't find a fuel pressure tester, taking the line off the filter and turning the key on would verify if you have any fuel flow at all.

johnny_buchanan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^
Thanks a bunch mate!

Your advise did help me to diagnose the pick-up coil weeks ago.

Life intervened and new dist sat at drivers bench for long time untill finally today it got dropped into place and Red Dust roared at first turn of the key! With new plugs as well it seems to run better as well.

Needless to say, I'm chuffed :)

-J

Sent from my NSA monitored iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: