The Subwoofer Box Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
I love my enclosure firing gorward but I have to agree that I worry about one of my kids kicking my L7 12"'s.

Heres a quick pic of how it looks:

You must be registered for see images attach

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
I run an enclosure similar to this but mine is 1.00 cubic feet:
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/2395094/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046
I have this sub:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-jAUmLZRGbbG/p_130TSW301R/Pioneer-TS-W301R.html
I had to remove the plastic cover over the magnet so it would fit in the enclosure (depth).

My amp has the rear channels bridged and crossed over at 80hz. It only puts 130 watts to the sub but it's plenty for me.
I've changed the head unit in my truck a couple of times and changed the door speakers once but the amp and sub have been in my truck for 7 years now.
My amp and sub my not be able to produce high SPL, but it has always produced tight, clean, accurate low bass. Which is what I was trying to achieve.

nitrobull

Reaction score
so I needed to add a little bass to my 96 so in gos Alpine SBR-S83V Enclosed Type-R 8" Subwoofer (SBRS83V) and Alpine 500W V-Power Digital Mono Amplifier (MRVM500) oh juet to fill in the sound some of these Alpine 6.5" Type-S Coaxial Car Speakers (SPS610 and man it sounds great and that little 8 inch sub realy pumps

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Piccys of mine:

(rectangles were built for a separate project - recessing fog lights into front bumper)

I've got dogs and no kids to haul (daughter with ex wife) so a nice low platform works better than the stupid munchkin sized seat.

:)

Last edited:

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
That looks excellent!
I'm the same. No kids (grown up) and we have two dogs. The rear seat in my truck is useless.
I thought about building something similar.
The sub section would have to be a little larger. My 12" sub calls for a 1 to 2 cubic foot sealed box.
It's in a 1 cubic foot box under the seat right now but I think a 2 cubic foot box would be better for it.

Have your amps shut down from heat buildup?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
That looks excellent!
I'm the same. No kids (grown up) and we have two dogs. The rear seat in my truck is useless.
I thought about building something similar.
The sub section would have to be a little larger. My 12" sub calls for a 1 to 2 cubic foot sealed box.
It's in a 1 cubic foot box under the seat right now but I think a 2 cubic foot box would be better for it.

Have your amps shut down from heat buildup?

That's a 1 cu/ft box. It continues under hte platform and is "kicked out" also.

No issues with heat.

It's got slots in the top and holes in the floor inside the amp enclosure.

I thought about some fans but convection is getting the job done just fine and is dead quite....:)

deej-79

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks pretty cool Great White. Sub boxes were so much easier when there werent three kids to haul.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
That's a 1 cu/ft box. It continues under hte platform and is "kicked out" also.

No issues with heat.

It's got slots in the top and holes in the floor inside the amp enclosure.

I thought about some fans but convection is getting the job done just fine and is dead quite....:)

Nice.
Now you got me thinking of doing something similar.
I just have one four channel amp to deal with.