The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex

Reaction score
Truck in question 89 C1500 Regular Cab, Short Bed, 2wd.
Would the DJM Suspension DS2055-2 Drop Spindles fit on it?
I ask because there is two of them, and other spindle have longer shaft ?

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
'89-'91 regular cabs use a smaller diameter axle pin on the spindle. I can't remember if they're the "dash two" part number or not. I remember when I ordered spindles for my truck, I specifically made sure to order the smaller set, but they sent me the larger ones, so I ended up having to wait another week to have that taken care of.

Alex

Reaction score
Ok I will try and measure mine this weekend. That's exactly the situation I am trying to avoid, would be nice to get the right thing the 1st time.

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
when i got my spindles i ended up at autozone buying new rotors and bearing cause my old ones didnt work. That was a pita.

Alex

Reaction score
Sorry I am back again lol
Just got my Belltech flip kit I know it require cutting you frame that's understandable, but then it goes on saying I have to cut some sections of the bed (support beams?) and also need some sort of fat transmission spacer, is all of that really necessarily?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You need to notch the bed braces directly above the notch, it easy, and it's not visible from the top, and if you have an ext. cab with a 2 piece driveshaft then yes you need a carrier bearing spacer.