The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Something isn't right. I've done a dozen of these on various trucks, including several 400's and never had an issue with this. Belltech included

You must be registered for see images attach

Since that support normally sits on the frame, the thickness of the notch brace is definitely an interference. I just bolted the bed down on top and it seemed OK. I do notice a little bit of a body line issue but it's possible I have bad cab mounts, haven't investigated further just yet. Too many irons in the fire.

Richard

monsterwake

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think something got mixed up there.
I had to notch the bed brace at both ends above the factory frame. Did this because the Belltech notch is pretty thick and won't let the bed sit flush on the frame once bolted down. And actually it pretty much the last thing said in the Belltech instructions.

Excuse the hackjob cut, definitely easier with the bed off.
Thank you. I watched a video that showed them cutting the entire rail out.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Heavyhittah59

Reaction score
Newbie here with a dumb question. I got a cclb dually with a djm 5/7 drop.. is there anyway I could go lower static? Or is bags in my future.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can only go as low as your notch will let you. The easy way is to add drop shackles in the rear. You can trim the front coils but will need to notch front frame horns for tie rod ends.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem. That would be silly in my opinion to cut the whole thing out. The GM engineers put them in for a reason.
Cut mine all the way out. It was going to interfere with the differential. By the time you trim out only the necessary parts you might as well cut the whole thing.

On my next bed I plan on cutting it but then reinforcing it with some square stock, just not as large.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cut mine all the way out. It was going to interfere with the differential. By the time you trim out only the necessary parts you might as well cut the whole thing.

On my next bed I plan on cutting it but then reinforcing it with some square stock, just not as large.
I did think about it, but with the bed attached it was going to be tough, and I was getting cranky! I may take it out at some point when the bed comes off for paint. Maybe. I'm scared of losing too much structure having SMC bedsides. Don't want them cracking.