The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
If you just want to get the most lift, without being cost effective, by all means get the 9" kit, but I actually think if you get the 9" kit, you'll regret spending 1700 more than you could have and use that money somewhere else. And if you're gonna go that Hugh and spend that much, you might as well Solid Axle Swap, but that's a COMPLETELY different think and takes lots of time and research and money.

1clean99

Reaction score
Wish I could help too.. I saw this but I had no clue. The only problem you'd have is the width of the shock that would make the difference. If you can, measure the width of the obs shock, and call the guy and ask him what the width is of the shock extenders. If they're the same, they should work in theory. If they aren't the same, then no, they won't work.

thats what i was thinking the only difference would be the width of the shock. i think im just going to end up betting the bilstein 5100s. where is the cheapest place to buy them?

Wish I could help, but honesty I have no idea :shrug:

i wish you could help to lol. thanks tho

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Shocks are not my specialty.... Just search google, or go to a website that has them and get the part number for them and google it and see what comes up. When I bought my wheels, everywhere had them for $140+ per wheel, I google searched and found price match places and ended up getting all 4 wheels shipped for $488.

kmm2736

Reaction score
If you just want to get the most lift, without being cost effective, by all means get the 9" kit, but I actually think if you get the 9" kit, you'll regret spending 1700 more than you could have and use that money somewhere else. And if you're gonna go that Hugh and spend that much, you might as well Solid Axle Swap, but that's a COMPLETELY different think and takes lots of time and research and money.

Yaaaaa I think your right man..I think ill take the advice and keep it 6" and body kit and invest in the truck in other ways to keep it a reliable daily work/driver.

Do all the guys who do the SAS swap... are those stickered rigs or just off road?

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Stickered? I guess you mean for towing?

There are a few people who sas'ed just for towing. I've seen several sas dd's and seen some sas'd trucks that are strictly off road vehicles.

And I think going with the 6" is a wise choice

kmm2736

Reaction score
Yaa for towing and just road legal. Maine is a pain!!! you would not think so, but it is.