The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do you remove the rear hvac controls in a suburban or tahoe? Im doing the led swap and already did the controls in the overhead console.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I bought 60/40 split bench from a 98 SLE and the console is wiggly, I see now that buddy had tech screwed it and it's kinda twisting out of the console, is there a way I can get a good bolt down there to bolt it to the seat frame and keep that piece sturdy

Also is there a way to pull the inner tray out of the console to fix it? Or should I just go buy another 60 portion of bench...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got some pix? I work on so many different vehicles it's hard to remember what's what. Sometimes, don't know right off the top of my head until I start working on stuff!

Thanks, sewlow. Much appreciated.

NP!

I was wondering what my options are for steering wheels in my 95 Cheyenne, the steering wheel it has is kinda plasticy and I don't have tilt, any way I can get a leather wheel and add tilt steering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have an auto, should be a direct swap with one from the wreckers. Just need to get the column to the top of the shaft under the hood. The harness is plug & play, although I would get one from a V8 for a V8. Same as if it's a 6. Dunno if that would make a difference, but why find out too late? Lol!
I just picked this wheel up at the wreckers out of a new victim to the yard. Damn near perfect! As was the rest of the truck. (Suburban)
Normally, the price for a non-airbag wheel is $24.95. Leather makes no dif. Same for an air-bag wheel with no bag. The bag is an additional $49.95!!!
Got to the counter just @ closing time. Big line-up! Girl looked at the wheel & asked if it had an air-bag. I played stupid and told her it was from some old truck. Said she didn't have time to check. Boom! $24.95!
She didn't know what the O/H console was, either! Sold it as a gauge pod. $9.95!
They sell the tilt columns, complete as far as what you're looking for, for $54.95.
There are two different sized centers for these trucks. The one in the pic is a small center. Doesn't really matter on year or model, the wheel will interchange.
But if you have a GMC and get a Chevy wheel, as long as the center is the same size as what you have, that too will interchange.

You must be registered for see images attach

How do you remove the rear hvac controls in a suburban or tahoe? Im doing the led swap and already did the controls in the overhead console.

In an O/H console? IIRC, it removes from the rear of the console after you remove the O/H console from the truck.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got some pix? I work on so many different vehicles it's hard to remember what's what. Sometimes, don't know right off the top of my head until I start working on stuff!

NP!

If you have an auto, should be a direct swap with one from the wreckers. Just need to get the column to the top of the shaft under the hood. The harness is plug & play, although I would get one from a V8 for a V8. Same as if it's a 6. Dunno if that would make a difference, but why find out too late? Lol!
I just picked this wheel up at the wreckers out of a new victim to the yard. Damn near perfect! As was the rest of the truck. (Suburban)
Normally, the price for a non-airbag wheel is $24.95. Leather makes no dif. Same for an air-bag wheel with no bag. The bag is an additional $49.95!!!
Got to the counter just @ closing time. Big line-up! Girl looked at the wheel & asked if it had an air-bag. I played stupid and told her it was from some old truck. Said she didn't have time to check. Boom! $24.95!
She didn't know what the O/H console was, either! Sold it as a gauge pod. $9.95!
They sell the tilt columns, complete as far as what you're looking for, for $54.95.
There are two different sized centers for these trucks. The one in the pic is a small center. Doesn't really matter on year or model, the wheel will interchange.
But if you have a GMC and get a Chevy wheel, as long as the center is the same size as what you have, that too will interchange.

In an O/H console? IIRC, it removes from the rear of the console after you remove the O/H console from the truck.
Heres the controls im talking about.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Heres the controls im talking about.

I'd pull off that light pod in front of it first & see if you can get at the controls from back there. Probably held in by 4 plastic clips molded into the trim ring. (2 on each long side)
Just trying to pull it out, or getting a thin tool in between the H/L & the control's bezel may mess up the H/L panel itself.
With the light pod removed, it would be easier to un-clip the controls from the backside.
More than likely, you'll be working by feel. Have patience, work slow & try not to get frustrated.
Another option would be to go to the wreckers & just yank one out so that you could see what you're getting into.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, cant go that way... Ill see how it comes off on a salvage yard car.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The grey trim ring pops off that goes around it... After that I can't remember how it comes out. I really want to say it just clips in and there are a couple of electrical connectors, but I'm not 100% sure.
I tried pulling the ring but it all wants to move when i pull and i dont want to mess it up lol. But id seems like it clips somehow... May be like th door handle bezels.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a clip at each corner behind the bezel. Took an extra set of hands to get mine out. It took me a good part of an afternoon messing with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a clip at each corner behind the bezel. Took an extra set of hands to get mine out. It took me a good part of an afternoon messing with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Ok, ill try that. Thanks! Well heres the rest of the lights
Evening

Night

Seems like theyre not as bright as others ive seen... The needles are super bright though!