The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Attached. The only thing I can find within reach of the thing is the seat belt mount bolt, but for that it feels too long. I feel like I might be missing something that used to be on the end of it.
Looks like it used to be a loop, maybe to hold the seatbelt while it’s folded? Or maybe to pull the seat back up from the trunk area when it’s folded down?

kolgeirr

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like it used to be a loop, maybe to hold the seatbelt while it’s folded? Or maybe to pull the seat back up from the trunk area when it’s folded down?
Huh didn't think of that, I suppose it might be a pull loop, but it wouldn't make sense as a seatbelt holder as there's no similar provision for the driver side belt at all. Hoping someone with a pristine 2dr rear seat knows for sure.

kolgeirr

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s a pull loop. Mine just has a screw and what looks like a washer holding it on. You could probably reattach with a larger washer since the fabric is torn.

From my 98...

Fantastic, thanks for the picture. Makes sense now why it has two holes on the loose end, looks like it should be folded over and sitting under the currently attached piece. Might have to bust out the sewing kit and stitch that fabric up and see if I can get it back together right.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I have this right, but just to be safe, if I wanted to replace the buckets in a 92 blazer with a bench to have a third passenger occasionally, it bolts right in right?

mwilliams55555

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, so it's removed to make it flat, someone said that the upper part, seat back, folded in the foot space, I went back out and looked, I don't see but two levers, correct ?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Ok, so it's removed to make it flat, someone said that the upper part, seat back, folded in the foot space, I went back out and looked, I don't see but two levers, correct ?
The Burb third row seat is removable; there are floor sockets that it fits in and locks in place. To unlock, you have to squeeze the handle on the back of the seat part. I think you have to fold the back down first; there's a lever for that. It's been a few years since I pulled mine(my Burb hauls loads more than people so that seat is in the garage).
Saturday I can get some pics of the Burb and the relevant parts of the owners manual, and maybe the seat too.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillGen55