The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sethel

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it's in here somewhere... but I just changed my spark plug wires and I was trying to be careful in putting the wires in the same way I removed them but I feel like my engine shakes a little and I'm not sure if I put all the wires in the right spot! Can anyone help point me to a thread to see what the firing order is on a 350 is so I can be certain?

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Maybe it's in here somewhere... but I just changed my spark plug wires and I was trying to be careful in putting the wires in the same way I removed them but I feel like my engine shakes a little and I'm not sure if I put all the wires in the right spot! Can anyone help point me to a thread to see what the firing order is on a 350 is so I can be certain?
18436572, it should be stamped right on your intake in case you forget! counter clockwise. 1 is drivers front most cylinder and goes 357 towards the back. pass side starting in the front is 2468

K2500 Dave

Reaction score
This is probably a VERY stupid question, but what is the name for the cylinder shaped piece that sits under the valve cup and retainer? It's inside the spring, but between the cup and the seal.

When I tore down my old motor that I just removed, I noticed that this piece on my #2 cylinder had grenaded.

mackguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where is the fuel pressure test port on an L31 (vortec 350)? Cant find mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mackguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll see if I can locate that tonight.

Is there a way to tell if I have the MPFI vs CSFI without taking the intake off?