The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bet that was a heck of a squeeze getting to it but I will certainly give it a try that way. Thank you!
It's not bad at all. If you get the socket you have to put the socket on first then attach the ratchet to loosen it.. then take off ratchet and just unspin it by hand...

sent from what use to be a great country...

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's not bad at all. If you get the socket you have to put the socket on first then attach the ratchet to loosen it.. then take off ratchet and just unspin it by hand...

So basically you're saying I can just get a socket or wrench that fits the unit and just get under the distributor to it?

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty much.. they do make a special socket for the oil pressure switch aswell.. I've always used one so not 100% sure about the regular style socket or wrench..

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty much.. they do make a special socket for the oil pressure switch aswell.. I've always used one so not 100% sure about the regular style socket or wrench..

Thanks buddy, you just saved me a lot of time and risk. Gotta love this site. Speaking of, this new update is pretty cool as well.

gsxrjammie

Reaction score
Im sure this has been covered before. Simple version. I have a 305 vortec truck...looking to go to 350/355 vortec. I know I need the engine of course. Anything else I need to make the 350 run correct. ECU,PCM, any of that?

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Cajundave10

Reaction score
95 ECSB 5.7 350 TBI

I am pulling my old 350 tbi with 260k on motor

what is the best method for removing/moving the power steering pump so that I can pull the motor out (I've removed all other components and wires/ hoses)

Do I need to remove the pulley? Do I need to just remove the hose from the power steering pump reservoir?

I will be reusing this pump

freeman35

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I pulled mine I just took the pulley off unbolted the reservoir and tied it off to the side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk