The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have wanted to do that too but all I ever find in the junkyards are 350's lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
base model v6 huh? I've got some websites to go check out. Is this basically the same as a true cold air intake?

Technically any stock setup on these trucks is a "true" cold air intake (just have to block off and disable the heart riser tube)

hawkeyez71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I run the slinky hose on mine and noticed a little gain not huge but it helped. One of my buddies did the pvc pipe and says he picked up .5 mpg removing his cat and doing that.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Well my truck had that ********* box by the fender. This thing is just straight through though..
@95Escahoe: don't bother with LMC if you want to buy new, they don't sell them...

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
He probably gained 2.99mpg due to it was time for a tune up

I bought my 97 with 126k miles a couple of months ago. The previous owner was complaining of bad gas mileage. I started checking things and it looked to have had factory wires, dist cap, and rotor button. I guess some folks think that those don't wear out.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what would be a good cam for my 95 gmc it has a 305tbi i am looking for a little more power on a budget. i will be replacing the timing chain also with the new cam. i know the 305s were not ment to be a power plant but i just wont a little more power what else would you replace with the new cam?

dexshaw

Reaction score
1996 two door tahoe 5.7 with 4l60e fresh crate engine. Tranny rebuilt 15000 ago. Tranny checked ok at shop. Since having spider changed truck jerks when torque lock engages at hi way speed is this coincidence or can a bad new spider cause this kind of problem. Thanx for any help. This problem didn't start happening until last week when I had the new spider installed.

Last edited:

dlytle

Reaction score
stupid question

I’m new to working on trucks so i am learning as problems come up. I am going to install new injectors and clean up my tbi this weekend. While i was poking around i noticed that the black ring that fits around the injectors and the air filter sits on has a port coming out of it. Mine is taped shut. I’ve been goolging {?} it and think it is called a pcv port. but the more i read on it the more confused i get. what is the correct name and what should i do with it?
thanks
attachment.php

attachment.php

thanks