The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
^ i would say its smart makes it awhole lot easier to get the motor out without having to worry bout the hood in the way, on the 65 i helped with we took the hood off. On the I have currently i know my mechanic didnt take the hood off to take my old motor out he jus removed radiator and front grill.

runnamukk

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback chevyman0191. Will let you all know how it goes. I'm leaving the hood on, as I'll be doing the rad/grill thing too.

In the 40+ years I've been working on stuff, I can't believe this is the first chevy pickup I've ever changed an engine on. Go figure.

^ i would say its smart makes it awhole lot easier to get the motor out without having to worry bout the hood in the way, on the 65 i helped with we took the hood off. On the I have currently i know my mechanic didnt take the hood off to take my old motor out he jus removed radiator and front grill.

runnamukk

Reaction score
SUCCESS> Engine came out like a champ. Pulled the radiator and accessory drives, engine cleared very nicely on its way out.

Thanks for the feedback chevyman0191. Will let you all know how it goes. I'm leaving the hood on, as I'll be doing the rad/grill thing too.

In the 40+ years I've been working on stuff, I can't believe this is the first chevy pickup I've ever changed an engine on. Go figure.

Dubya

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
can someone please tell me where my fuel pressure regulator is located?