The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, that's an extremely common leak, both those lines, as well as the gasket that goes between the filter adapter and the block...

yeah if the PCV is broken, I'd grab a replacement rather than block it off, they're cheap at the store...

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
got a replacement pcv and coil to try tonight.

nappa didnt have the hose so i'll have to try the dealer or online I guess. I'll check the gasket there as well

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
well got the new pcv valve in, it has vaccum at idle, I can hear it hissing but no rattle

new coil had no change over old one.

there is a loud ticking from the pass side, I changed the header gasket to rule out a leak

there is also a pretty strong vaccum coming out of the breather hole on the pass side, is this normal? the drivers side dosent have vaccum

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check that the EVAP tube didn't get pulled out or that the rubber boot it's in isn't cracked, that can make a strange ticking noise.

the PCV in the driver side is pulling the vacuum that you can feel on the passenger side, thats somewhat normal, though its hard to tell how 'strong' the vacuum is without being there I'd say you're probably normal, pulling the PCV out to check the drivers side will result in not feeling/having a vacuum, so I think you're okay with that.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
also I had the throttle body off and its rather dirty in the intake, and smells of gas

hefftone

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a fuse that can be pulled to clear the ECM of trouble codes? Pulling the negative cable sucks!