The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone have any good reccomendations for Subs/Speakers for the sound I'm going for?
Not a problem Sir ... What is a good budget for you and when you want this done ??

Hey guys this is my first post on the forum wooooo, anyways just wondering what the size of the door speakers are. I have a 97 k1500.

Cheers!
Welcome to GMT400

6.5" component set ... if you have the tweeter locations in your door pannels

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Then you should have no problem installing a 6.5" component set in your door pannels ... as long as you match up the tweeter sizes to match the stock ones ...
I am a distributer for Blues Car Audio ... but given the durability and sound quality capabilities of these drivers, they can be a bit pricey ... But will work in these pannels with little to no modifications.
Just a suggestion to you ... the link of our products can be found on my signature ...

Other than that, I can not recommend any other brand names, but can help out on installation if you need me, just ask ...

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh ... ok then ... Got plenty of room to work with ...
building a enclosure for 2 12s or 2 15s should be no problem ... Subs back / ports back ported enclosure tuned to around 34 - 38 htz should do the trick ...

What type of head unit do you have (or plan on getting)?? does it have RCA outputs for sub bass equipment ??