The Shock Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't know if I posted the coilover info or not, if anybody is intersested in a coilover conversion it's about $379 for non adjustable, and $450 for adjustable shocks.

edit : those prices are for a whole set. Both sides, shocks and springs. Give about a 3" drop or so.

95nProgress

Reaction score
95 extended cab
front 3" (2" Belltech spring + 1" spacer) - SUM-G7722 shocks
rear 5" (ART 4-link/air bar w/ bags) - Monroe Sensa-trac 37049 shocks

Rides like hell :(. Currently looking for something better. Too rough, too much rebound dampening. Old worn out Monroe 33033's that came with ART kit were way better after they wore out. Had some KYB KG5478's on the front and they were better than the summit shocks too. Kinda sucks putting new shocks on and the ride gets worse. Ride is good with about 250# of weight in the bed. Will be doing the blazer tank swap soon to help too.

Anybody with the ART 4-link/air bar that has any suggestions I am open.

Brian

Last edited:

FordFoxGT

Reaction score
Don't know if I posted the coilover info or not, if anybody is intersested in a coilover conversion it's about $379 for non adjustable, and $450 for adjustable shocks.

edit : those prices are for a whole set. Both sides, shocks and springs. Give about a 3" drop or so.

I'd like more info on these please.

MattyJ

Resident Nats fan
Reaction score
going for a 5" drop up front, 3" springs 2" spindles, anybody got a part number or application for this??

kyotey1693

Reaction score
I'm pretty new on the lowered truck subject. I just got an 89 c1500 with a 4/6 drop. It has dropped spindles in the front (no clue what shocks) and leafs in the rear with a C notch in the frame and air shocks. I plan on using this as a work truck (I run a swimming pool business so it will carry a very light load). I am not sure what the truck needs regarding shocks. I read all 4 pages of this thread but I dont see what shocks work best for different applications. Or do they all have pretty much the same rates? I am a little worried about the air shocks in the rear. Isnt that sort of a bandaid or redneck solution for a dropped rear? I dont imagine they have very good rebound or damping rates.

Overall the trucks seems to ride fairly decent. Nothing about the ride is harsh but I do notice it skips sideways across bumps. Kinda like it's in an earthquake. Does that make sense? I realize some of that has to do with the hockey pucks I have for tires but I imagine most of it is due to the shocks.

So what can I go with to keep the truck planted?

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
There are way too many choices. I'm due for some new shocks for my truck as well. The OEMs ain't cutting it anymore. I'm lowered 2" by springs in the front and about 4.5" by shackles in the rear. I'm not sure if I should get some sport truck shocks or not