The new truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
When the 6.5 gives up the ghost it will get a 6BT Cummins. Much better than a 8.1!

If you treat that 6.5 right it will last you a long time! The original from my truck had over 450000 kms on it before it spun a bearing due to an oil cooler line breaking, I plan on overhauling the short block and putting it back in the truck eventually. The current engine is from a '95 and it is just over the 400000 km mark now, it went in about 30000 km ago with 390000 km on the engine. Has your pmd (pump mounted driver) been relocated? If not that should be one of the first items on your list. Best place to move it to is your front bumper between the cooling holes in the bumper. With that said nice truck.

Edit: I will be doing a pmd relocate on my sierra soon and will try to put together a how to when I do so. Just waiting on my kit to arrive.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk 2

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Ours only has 87K on it at the moment and it won't be abused but it will get worked and maintained accordingly.

Is your pump mounted driver still in the stock location? If so that is that should be your first upgrade in the form of moving it out of the engine bay.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk 2