The new truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For those that don't know, we bought a new truck in Florida and drove it home to Oregon. We bought a 2000 Chevy K3500 Dually with the 6.5/4L80E combo. The trip was an adventure that I would recommend to anyone to do. My wife and I had a blast, we didn't hardly listen to the radio, we talked, laughed and prayed that we would make it home! Some of the cool things that we did were to stop at food choices that we can't get in Oregon. We stopped at 3 places that were featured on Diners, Drive ins and Dives. If you ever get the chance you owe it to yourself to stop at "Salsa Brava" in Flagstaff, AZ. Chimi Blanco with the cilantro cream sauce was amazing and you have to try the pineapple habanero salsa! We only got pulled once in New Mexico which was a surprise because we don't have license plates. We did have a trip permit though and the cop wrote us a warning for not having plates! We bought a book on the haunted places of Route 66 and my sweetie read them to me as we drove along. We bought some parts along the way... 2 tires, A/C recharge kit, pitman arm, wastegate solenoid, fixed the wastegate vacuum line, lost overdrive and had to force OD using the scanner and replaced the starter. My wife and I decided somewhere along the way to name the truck the "Black Pearl". I guess that makes me "Captian Jack" (or Stagnetti as my wife calls me). The pictures of the mud and the Surburban were from today when my boss got stuck in my sales guys yard and I attempted to drive to him to pull him out. As you can see, I didn't make it. I never spun a tire until after I sunk due to the soft ground. A tow truck was required to get us both out.
You must be registered for see images attach

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1) nice truck!!!!

2) I'm guessing by the looks of your truck in the mud it sank all at once instead of a little at a time:lol:

3) Sooooooo.........whatcha get pulled over for?????

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
i know that truck, you just were stranded with starter issues and were seeking help on dieselplace?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1) nice truck!!!!

2) I'm guessing by the looks of your truck in the mud it sank all at once instead of a little at a time:lol:

3) Sooooooo.........whatcha get pulled over for?????

1) Thanks!

2) Yep, sunk like a rock all at once.

3) No license plate and got a damn warning for it! I followed the rules of my state that seemed to mirror waht we saw in other vehicles in New Mexico.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3) No license plate and got a damn warning for it! I followed the rules of my state that seemed to mirror waht we saw in other vehicles in New Mexico.

Did you have a temp tag? or proof you just bought it and you were transporting it home? Either way look at it this way he could have given you a ticket!

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you have a temp tag? or proof you just bought it and you were transporting it home? Either way look at it this way he could have given you a ticket!
Both. I had every piece of paper I could have had including faxed paperwork from the lot, FL DMV doing a VIN inspection on OR's form, an insurance card (not a temp but the real card), title, hard copies of the faxed paperwork, I even had a carfax and the original ad from autotrader.