The New Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevytruck98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice, looking truck you have there! The interior looks to be a great shape. congrats on the pickup.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes I might even shed a man tear when the 92 sells, it will be a sad day for sure. But its time for a new project.

Went out this morning to warm truck up so I could remove the steering coloum but starter was a no go, so in -20 weather had to change it out, again hating a stock height truck. I got the new starter on and steering coloum swapped out, jsut doing a security relearn as i type, hopefully it will work. Thought I had messed up the install when truck would not even stay running but turns out the airbag fuse is needed.

You must be registered for see images attach

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Steering coloum is all finished up and the security relearn was a success so the truck now starts off of the ignition. With the day of warm weather I also got the interior somewhat cleaned up. Changed out idler arm today, removed all play in the front end but was a major PITA. I couldnt get it seperated from the centerlink, ended up usings torches and then a puller but it is switched, the pitman arm will have to wait for another day.
The truck is all up and running good now that everything is working and not leaking anti-freeze. Keeping an eye on local classifieds for some 33" tires but nothing selling around here at all.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the new truck needed intake gaskets and a waterpump got those fixed this week. Also got toolbox swapped over and some clear parklights in. Hope to order a 2" bodylift and run some 285 tires on the stock wheels for now.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Surprised you didnt take the lift and wheels from the '92

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been busy with work and finally had a day off. Got 2" body lift installed today, along with fuel tank pressure sensor, had clear parklights put in, new waterpump and reshimmed the starter. Truck has been working well, bought new OBD2 scantool and got the SES light off finally. New tires should be in next week, some 285 Dick Cepek Mud Countrys, going to run on stock rims for now. Thinking on going with bedlinered rockers, and maybe try plasti-dip on the rims. Still have to do something with rear bumper to raise it up, and decide on what to do with exhaust, get a new lower shroud and make up some gap gaurds.