The New Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
looking great man, if you need some pics of these rims plasti dipped i can snap a few of a truck in town that has them ;)

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had a decent day at the junk yard today. Found some OE fender flares, lower shroud, and while looking for a compass/temp mirror found a DIC from a blazer.

Got the shroud on.
You must be registered for see images attach

The DIC

New Mufflers :)

Fender flares need cleaned up and a coat of paint but still a good find. Look great on the 92'!

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you get the compass sensor with that dic??

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the short console dic's there are 2 plug-ins the bigger one is all the wireing to run. The smaller plug is for the compass sensor "arm" thats tucked up under the headliner if ya still dont know post a pic of the back of the dic where the plug-ins go.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On the short console dic's there are 2 plug-ins the bigger one is all the wireing to run. The smaller plug is for the compass sensor "arm" thats tucked up under the headliner if ya still dont know post a pic of the back of the dic where the plug-ins go.

Well i would say I didnot get it. There is a 5 pin plug in on the DIC that I am guessing would go to the compass sensor. Any idea if wiring up a mirror compass sensor would work? Worst case I get this one all wired up and then next time at junk year get a full consol DIC. Everything else should work on it correct?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Made some more headway today, got the exhaust done, sounds not to bad, not as loud as the 92 and no drone inside either. Get some better rear hangers on it and will be all good to go.

Cleaned and painted the flare up along with installing them. Really like how they turned out just need the new tires and at some point more offset wheels.

Tomorrow I hope to raise the rear bumper and wire up the DIC. Also needs an allignment before the new tires are put on.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the DIC (minus the compass) wired in and all works fine.

Rear bumper raised up, was able to do the 2" easily with the stock brackets in place and still use all bolts. Had to remove the outer brackets though.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got the new tires and mounted today! Also wired up just a compass mirror, installed satelite radio, 4HI headlight mod, had 2 broken rear leaf springs fixed and an allignment done this week. The new tires grip good but I still hate the POS G80 in this rear axle, no wheres near the traction of my 92.