The DefendHawaii 98 Tahoe LT Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DefendHawaii

Reaction score
So a little backstory, it was purchased from a friend of mine who is a dealer, he got it as a trade and sold it to me for what he paid for it, I got it for 1,700.00 it has 122K on it. It is LT model has leather heated seats, push button 4WD, tinted and heated auto side mirrors, and is in about 8/10 condition cosmetically, engine and trans are in great working order.

I bought it with the 22s on it. They are not in the greatest condition though, my idea is to drop it 3 inches and put the NNBS Z71 take offs on it or some black 20s or might even run PPV wheels from a NNBS PPV Tahoe.

I have had it about 8 days now and so far I have done the following,

Spectre brand HD air filter
New Delco oil filter and Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil
Seafoamed it!
Removed TB and cleaned it.
JVC Media Centre Head unit,
4300K 35w HID kit
All interior LED conversion
Mangaflow 14in Muffler
Demolded
Color matched rear pillars

I am going to do the front grille white as well as do a mini H1 projector retrofit build this weekend.

Future plans are to do side LED bars along bottom of the door panels "big rig" style. As well as roof cab lights, custom intake with block shield, do an aftermarket bumper with 4 spots for fogs or SS style with fog lights, drop 3 inches, color match the door handles, smoke tails and DRL/ turn signals. I am also wanting to get a NBS center console in it as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
nice looking rig man

Sent from my static android

DefendHawaii

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

I did the black bowtie and white grille today. 2 coats of primer and 3 coats of rustoleum professional enamel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DefendHawaii

Reaction score
Thanks man it's a work in progress. Tryin to be finished in a few months.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I like the direction you're going.

DefendHawaii

Reaction score
Thanks man. My goal is to have it be as quick as a 6.0 NBS Esky, but also have a lowered stance with a not to large wheel but have room to run tires that will work in snow and dirt as well as look clean on the street.

I work freelance for uncle sam do my budget is somewhat limited

This weekend I want to build quad CCFL Halo headlights. I got two sets of mini H1 morimotos and clear TYC housings as well as a 4300K and 3000K HID kits.