Thanksgiving luck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dangileri

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey ya'll, happy Thanks Giving, hope your enjoying it. Im home from college for the week, and the frequent 400 mile trip to or from school seems to be taking its toll on my starter, coupled with the wet, cold weather of course. My dads truck wont start at all today, and my truck clicked twice before turning over. Same thing an hour later, so not a freak incident. Time for a new solenoid, again. I seem to get 10k miles on the dot out of them, as the truck just hit 153k (30k since purchased). It has long tubes and i think they roast it. Any suggestions? Atleast this time ill be able to buy 2 and get a bundle deal (dads and my truck).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I wouldn't think the trips would hurt it much I'm guessing g it's the headers

dangileri

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im only think that the starter being warm for 10 hours at a time is what is hurting it, i realize if i had manifold it would keep the heat by the starter down. So the only reason the trip is hurting it (besides vibrating loose) would be the added heat from the headers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Have you thought about a header wrap?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I had the same issue on my SS with the headers, I installed one of those wraps around the starter and haven't had an issue since.

VCaddy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have ceramic coated Hedman long tubes, haven't had any problems. Yet. Another thing to keep an eye on, I guess.