Temporarily fixed the door sag but bent the door...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrashCarson

Reaction score
I was trying to "fix" my door sag. I know it's not a complete fix but it's temporary, it was gettin pretty bad! I was Gavin to slam the door shut like 5 times before it shut all the way. When I was using the jack to raise the door I didn't even think that when it was gettin harder to lift it-that it was bending the door by the jack and not just the hinge. Door shuts fine now, lots better but anyways to fix the dent/ bend in the door? Sorry the second picture is upside down I think
You must be registered for see images attach

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oooh you did a number on that door! For one you shoulda just replaced the door pins.

But as for your question i would take a board on the inside of the door and hit on the board towards the outside of the door and get it back close.

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah dude thats a real bummer.....but trust me i have done worse......

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Should check the hinge pins/bushings and look at the cab mount on the frame under the drivers side front.

Your pins/bushes are most likely in need of replacement after such force applied to them.

When you look at the frame mount, look to see if the rubber bush has fallen through the frame tab hole. They usually rust out and then the bushing drops though the hole with the result of the door pillar dropping. What it does is rack the cab and the effect you see is the rear of the door drops.

My 89 rusted through the hole and the mount dropped about 1/8-1/4" similar to this:

You must be registered for see images

That was enough so that the latch pin no longer lined up with the latch and the door was difficult to shut. I cut a plate and welded it back into the frame tab similar to this:

Door worked fine after that.

Worth checking....:)

Last edited:

CrashCarson

Reaction score
Looked at the cab mount, looks okay rubber still there. Could use replacement though I've seen the mod for using the GMT900 cab mounts on the rear of the cab (extended cab). Tried a board and then I wrapped a hammer with a towel-using the claw end to try and pull the dent back out but no luck. It's such a bad position and I can't get enough force to get the dent out. Any way I could use the jack again? I have the scissor jack, and I have a bottle jack.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Rubber looked fine on mine also.

You need to jack the body up slightly to see the rust if it's there...