Temp sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a fittings for the test port and a t-fitting (and yes I'm am concerned about leaks too) and temporarily install both trans temp gauges in one of the trucks to see if there is a "real time" difference between the two locations. I may even buy two t-fittings and temporarily install them in the inlet to the auxilary cooler and outlet line of the external cooler.
That sounds like a good test! Let us know what happens.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could put the sensor in a thousand potential places.

What's most important is the temp of the fluid in the pan--the stuff about to be drawn into the pump for circulation.

Put the sensor in the pan. Or don't bother with the gauge at all, which would be my suggestion.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You could put the sensor in a thousand potential places.

What's most important is the temp of the fluid in the pan--the stuff about to be drawn into the pump for circulation.

Put the sensor in the pan. Or don't bother with the gauge at all, which would be my suggestion.

Could put the sensor in the trans inlet line coming out of the cooler, and that would be the same as the pan but keep it out of the mud, blood, and the beer..........

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could put the sensor in the trans inlet line coming out of the cooler, and that would be the same as the pan but keep it out of the mud, blood, and the beer..........
The more I think about this, with the sensor in the return line all you'll know is how well your cooler is working. If you put it on the other line you'll get a better indication of how hot your trans actually is.

Can you drill a hole in the pan someplace, and drill and tap for a thermocouple?

https://www.amazon.com/GlowShift-Transmission-Temperature-Sensor-Adapter/dp/B07Q5V3MRK
This looks to be the best option, IMHO.