Tech: Every possible dash switch for GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
I just bought a fog light switch from a member off another forum. Do you have a write-up or pictures on how you wired that pigtail? I'm going to be getting my truck back from the body shop in the next few days and would like to set up the fog lights as soon as I can, so I can make sure they work for the rest of winter.

x2 on this and do you need the pig tail?? I don't have one :bawl:

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I didnt say prewired. The complete wiring is not there. But the pigtails are already in the dash, but they dead end.
My 2 door Yukon did have the pigtails for the rear wiper, the rear hatch and the fogs. I am running an OEM fog switch right now in the bottom port of the 3 spot vertical stack. I hooked the OEM pigtail that was in the dash up to a fog light harness that I got from Baron (MeanGreen).

What year yukon? I have both style fog switches and have never found a unused pigtail in a truck that fits the oem switch. Where did it dead end?

Isn't that what I said?

:lol:
There is a horizontal and vertical dog switch. I've never seen either have a pigtail from the factory, if there is awesome. I know my 99 didn't have one.

Sent from my big block powered HTC gas guzzler.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What year yukon? I have both style fog switches and have never found a unused pigtail in a truck that fits the oem switch. Where did it dead end?

There is a horizontal and vertical dog switch. I've never seen either have a pigtail from the factory, if there is awesome. I know my 99 didn't have one.

Sent from my big block powered HTC gas guzzler.

The pigtail for the vertical style 95+ Fog Light switch can be found in a lot of the 95-98 Suburbans and Tahoes/Yukons. They aren't in all of them, but a lot of the SUV's where previsioned for them. The pigtail/connector will be the one wrapped in green loom tape, to the right of the instrument panel. It dead ends in the dash somewhere along the harness for the other switches. To my knowlede, trucks where not provisioned with the pigtail unless it was actually equiped with factory fog lights.

Now the horizontal style fog light switches on the other hand, to my knowledge no trucks/SUV's came provisioned with that pig tail / connector.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
My 97 had the pig tails for 2 vertical switches IIRC. They would be for the hatch release and rear rear wiper. I didn't think they had the fog light wiring.

I cut them out a while ago to make room for my PAC stereo adapter.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I talked to another member on TYF (the one I bought the fog switch from). He has a 95 tahoe and said that the pigtail for that switch was already there, just tucked away in the dash wrapped in green foam stuff. I'm going to look in mine when I get it back and see if I have the same thing. That would be nice.

If I'm right, SUV's were the only ones with fogs in the bumper from the factory, right? The Tahoe Limiteds and Z71 Tahoes had them, right? Didn't all the sport trucks had them in the valence?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I talked to another member on TYF (the one I bought the fog switch from). He has a 95 tahoe and said that the pigtail for that switch was already there, just tucked away in the dash wrapped in green foam stuff. I'm going to look in mine when I get it back and see if I have the same thing. That would be nice.

If I'm right, SUV's were the only ones with fogs in the bumper from the factory, right? The Tahoe Limiteds and Z71 Tahoes had them, right? Didn't all the sport trucks had them in the valence?

If your Tahoe is optioned, you most likely have the pigtail for the vertical fog light switch!

And yes, the Z71 tahoes and limiteds where the only GMT400'S to have fog lights in a diesel bumper from the factory. They had a factory push bar as well as a colormatched grille and bumper.

The trucks with the sport package had factory fogs in below the bumper in the valance.

And the 99-00 Escalades and Yukon Denalis had them factory fog lights in the bumper cover. All the Denali's and Escalade's had the vertical style fog light switch.

The 454SS trucks also had factory fog lights mounted below the bumper in the valance as well, with the switch mounted to right of the steering wheel, mounted below the HVAC Controls in the far left knock out plate.