Teal daily driven farm truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That color looks great. And a nice looking Harley, too! About every 4 months I get the itch to learn to ride and buy a bike. It usually subsides within a week thankfully.
Thanks man! Bikes are cool, they’re fun to ride but they’re also easy to get yourself hurt on. I don’t regret getting it and then putting about $7k worth of parts in it but it wasn’t the best decision I’ve ever made. It’s still financed and I haven’t ridden in over a year due to some health issues. I had a lot of fun working on it and riding it though. I’ve only got about 15,000 miles worth of experience.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! Bikes are cool, they’re fun to ride but they’re also easy to get yourself hurt on. I don’t regret getting it and then putting about $7k worth of parts in it but it wasn’t the best decision I’ve ever made. It’s still financed and I haven’t ridden in over a year due to some health issues. I had a lot of fun working on it and riding it though. I’ve only got about 15,000 miles worth of experience.
Well I hope you can get out and enjoy it someday soon brother! I always look at dual-sports or super-motos. Something about simple two-wheeled transportation is cool to me.

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So close today, got off work early and ran to the shop.

I’ve always used silicone on the water pump, but used gaskacinch on the gaskets and loctite 567 thread sealer on the bolts this time. I guess it’ll work.

You must be registered for see images attach

I did assemble the intake on the bench and installed it as a unit. Definitely the way to go. New EGR tube went right in on both ends with a generous application of copper antisieze. Started the intake side, then the exhaust side. Snugged both, then installed the hold down bolt to the intake and finished tightening the fittings.

I cut the lifting eye off of the power steering pump spacer.

Got the crank pulley installed and the front accessory brackets. Went to install the p/s pump pulley…. My installer tool is boogerd up and bent. The threads inside the p/s pump pulley shaft won’t except a bolt either so I tried the heat and beat method.

Heated the center of the pulley till it turned blue then tried tapping it on with a brass hammer. It just gets all cockeyed and won’t move much further than the bevel on the shaft. I’ll bring my tap set and am inspection mirror with me and see if I can clean up the threads in the pump, then I’ll stop at Napa and grab ANOTHER install tool.

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's always something, broken tools are so frustrating.
It really is man. All this little stuff drags everything out too.

This is an OTC too, but a stand alone. I don’t know where I got it or when it showed up, but I know my unused bluepoint kit is not where it’s supposed to be. :bs:

It’ll get done eventually :Big Laugh: