tbi throttle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just went out and cut it off and took it for a test drive...i noticed a drastic improvment in the feel of the pedal... i did however notice that it seems like it hesitates on acceleration... almost like its flooding, and then itll catch up

edit*

its not a huge hesitation, its more of a slight hesitation... but i have a small exhaust leak right after the y pipe, and i can hear the hesitation in the exhaust noise

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
just went out and cut it off and took it for a test drive...i noticed a drastic improvment in the feel of the pedal... i did however notice that it seems like it hesitates on acceleration... almost like its flooding, and then itll catch up

edit*

its not a huge hesitation, its more of a slight hesitation... but i have a small exhaust leak right after the y pipe, and i can hear the hesitation in the exhaust noise

U need a serious cleanin and new TB gaskets. The rebuild kit is like $20 or so. Real simple. The regulator diaphram can be a PITA to assemble properly. Be sure u get both layers of the diaphram showin equaly around the regulator bowl. And run the pump before u start it to test.

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
U need a serious cleanin and new TB gaskets. The rebuild kit is like $20 or so. Real simple. The regulator diaphram can be a PITA to assemble properly. Be sure u get both layers of the diaphram showin equaly around the regulator bowl. And run the pump before u start it to test.

yea i priced a kit out today... (wich in one of my previous post on another thread i stand corrected... the last time i rebuilt a t/b was back in 08, and a few other times for frinds or other tbi's before that... and everytime id get a kit, autozone had it for 5.99 where everywhere else had the same brand kit for 50-60 bucks) and apparently since then, prices have gone up.. local oriellys was 25, and autozone was 29...

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so im rebuilding my throttle body and all the previous times that ive rebuilt it, i nvr had carb dip... this time im dippin the throttle body to get it spotless aswell as doin the fuel bowl mod

the question i have is can i soak the injectors or will that damage them?

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
so im rebuilding my throttle body and all the previous times that ive rebuilt it, i nvr had carb dip... this time im dippin the throttle body to get it spotless aswell as doin the fuel bowl mod

the question i have is can i soak the injectors or will that damage them?

i would not put the injectors anywhere near that stuff

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i would not put the injectors anywhere near that stuff

noted

ive spent the last 4hrs sanding and filing... i dont have a angle grinder, or anything of the sort, so moding the fuel bowls is turning into quite the task doing it all by hand with a flat file, and sand paper...

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Damn. Doin it by hand. Thats dedication. ;) As long as u knock down the ridges and smooth out all the rough corners u should be fine. Be sure to clean out all those tubes and cervices well w compressed air/pipe cleaners. Don't want any metal particles to get left.