TBI High idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I went and bought some carb cleaner (after ordering a TPS unit) and tried that method of leak detection. I believe I found one on the connection of the vacuum canister line where it attaches to the TBI base, I used some hose I had that fits like a glove and it looks to have worked somewhat, idle has dropped down so I will drive it for a day or 2 and see whats up, hopefully that was it !!!!!!!!!!! Thank you
BObby V

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I hear ya about uploading pics. Unless I'm using my phone, IDK how to upload pics. It asks me for a URL and I'm pretty computer illiterate.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's easy just click on the tab "Upload a File" in the bottom right and click on your picture.

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Player, I wish I was educated enough to do what the tutorial you posted says to do but alas my knowledge level is limited and I don't try to do things that are above my confort zone if you know what I mean.
I will try the upload deal now thou
Bobby V
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Shall I go to the trouble of making a smoke machine to test for further vacuum leaks in your opinion ? The TPS unit is only about $45 so maybe I''l go ahead and replace that.
I wont give up till Im satisfied that its as good as it will get.
My shop owner quoted me about $2500 for the Holley "SNIPER" kit installed, says he has done quite a few now and the owners are more that satisfied with the results, I would do it but I don't want to be buried in this truck like I usually am :frown: But I do like this truck and plan on keeping it, for awhile anyways :Big Laugh:
Bobby V

PS I see you are an AZ guy, great to make your acquaintance old guy, I'm up there myself, 77 for now lol

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My shop owner quoted me about $2500 for the Holley "SNIPER" kit installed, says he has done quite a few now and the owners are more that satisfied with the results

Your choice - seems like a lot of money if your engine is mostly stock, unless you plan to or already have some bolt-ons.

PS I see you are an AZ guy, great to make your acquaintance old guy, I'm up there myself, 77 for now lol

77 years old or 77* outside? Yeah, we're looking at our 1st 100* day tomorrow or Friday, can't wait. Time to start looking at afternoon indoor projects, LOL.

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree with the amount of moolah for the Sniper unit, and if I can get this TBI unit running smoother like it should then Im good, motor seems to have a little cam in it with Edelbrock Shorty Headers and most smog gone.
I picked up the TPS today and will attempt to install asap, hopefully that settles down things. Then I'll be happy. The one they gave me is the Standard brand that is adjustable, I don't have a scan tool and my multitool is broken so I guess I can do it by sound of the motor ????? If not please tell me OK, and Ill locate the scanner and mutimeter.
Oh yeah we're at about 95' today, getting hot too early but its good for the Desert Storm this weekend
Bobby V
PS that's 77 as in years :(