TBI gas mileage, am I doing it wrong?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just clipped out the old and soldered in new where needed when I swapped gears. How many times is a person really gonna swap gears and tires? Can always have a computer shop solder in switches or jumpers for next to nothing.

350chevy719

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just clipped out the old and soldered in new where needed when I swapped gears. How many times is a person really gonna swap gears and tires? Can always have a computer shop solder in switches or jumpers for next to nothing.

Well I need it now for the tire change and then once I lift I'll need for the 35s and then regear so I'll need again haha. So essentially I'll need to do it 3 times :/

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That I'm not really sure about. I've never done this personally, never owned a TBI truck. I'm sure someone else can answer that though.

@someotherguy, @magimerlin, you guys have any idea? Seems like I've seen you all talk about this before.

EDIT - You'll definitely need to do all 14 if you have the later style VSSB though.
Yep and to answer the question about a 7 pin or 14 pin, if you have the dual setup get a pair of SIX pin dip switches - and here's why. If you to use 7 pin switches the fit is too tight for them to sit next to each other, tempting you to gently grind the edge of the case a little - then the package will come apart on you sooner or later and none of the switches will work right. Been there, done that.

Here's the magical part. The first position is always the same anyway, so you can leave it alone, and just install the 6 pin dip switch in the remaining 6 positions.

Here's an example of one I did that way:
You must be registered for see images attach

Just remember in the dual setup the second bank is inverse of the first bank, so pay close attention to your original settings before desoldering them. Study how each bank is set so you understand what's going on. It's a head-scratcher at first, until you see it and think about it a moment, then you go "oh - it's easy." :D

Richard