tbi chip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if my pcm has a custom tune on it already if i order the custom chip from tbichips.com will it over ride that? or how does this whole computer thing work?

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
If you already have a custom tune (like Blackbear, Wheatly, or Nelson not SuperChip, Hypertech, or other programmers) that is specifically gear your truck to its max performance, a chip will counteract this.

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i don't know what kinda of tune it has i just know it has one since i bought it that way and the guy i bought it from told me it had one. but when i bought it i knew nothing about adding performance. but as of now i think the tunes bad since i'm getting horse **** fuel economy and my tranny shifts like garbage (revs constantly 2 high no matter the amount of throttle i give it.) i know it doesnt have stock gears or stock cam and thats why it got a tune but it maybe possible he got a chip...

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
What year is it? If it's 95 or older you can only change the EPROM in the PCM. 96-newer vehicles have the ability to be flashed or "tuned" as you say.

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well its a 95 so your saying it only got chiped? cause if thats the case that makes way more sense and makes it a bit easier. so is the only way to tune 95 and older is through a chip?

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so what your saying is i can order a new chip from tbichips guy and just swap eprom and it should fix my tune?

pwrfool

Reaction score
Yep. email Brian at tbichips.com and let him know what you have and what you want to do with it. He's helped me alot in the past with stupid questions and getting some good data for him to do a custum chip for me.