TBI bogs out help me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

travis mattson

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello
Truck is a 1994 5.7 350 C1500 2wd 4l60E 342 gears . 114,000 miles
Truck is mostly stock, summit 1102 cam edelbrock intake headers no cats

The truck bogs down and stumbles like it's fuel starved. when driving at 30MPH or so and if you excellent hard the engine sputters and bogs and if you mat the gas it cuts out but does not do it parked if you mat the gas

I tried to test fuel pressure with oriellys pile of **** actron tester leaked all over and sprayed fuel 20 feet across the floor so I assumed it was ok.

I replaced fuel pump 10k miles 3yrs ago.
I just replaced the following
Fuel pressure regulator
Injectors
Fuel filter
Plugs
Cap
Rotors
Wires
Vacuum lines
Egr deleted
After the replacing each individual part above and testing after each, THE ONLY THING THAT MADE IMPROVEMENT WAS THE FUEL FILTER.

The following parts replaced 5 years ago at 100k engine swap
Nock sensor
Coolant sensors both
Oil pressure sensor
O2 sensor
I had 1994 350 donor truck and used everything from that. Ecm etc. Truck was a 305

Thank you

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had pretty much the same symptoms on my 91. When I finally went to do the fuel pump, it was the little hose in there was full of holes. The one that connects the pump to the hardline. I see you recently replaced the pump. If you didn't replace the line with a ethanol resistant line, may be your problem.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The truck bogs down and stumbles like it's fuel starved. when driving at 30MPH or so and if you excellent hard the engine sputters and bogs and if you mat the gas it cuts out but does not do it parked if you mat the gas
That sounds like you're not getting enough fuel, either a weak pump, restriction/leak in the fuel line, or if you're using the PCM from a 305, it's not giving you enough fuel. You need to find out what your fuel pressure is under acceleration. With that cam, you may need more than 13 PSI to make it happy.

travis mattson

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dad had somebdonthe fuel pump on then 97 I bought from him, he never replaced the hose. I did on the 1997 when I had do again a year later.
I did this on the 94 to 5 years ago because I asked for the line because it didn't come with it. So I used fuel injection hose.