Tactical Armor Group Review 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wise Wolf

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to go ahead and write a review of this company and my experiences with them. Many of you may know TAG ( Tactical Armor Group ) known for their custom bumpers and tire carriers, and their horrible customer service and bad online reviews, along with long production times.. At first glance their site is professional, easy to customize and order what you want with decent pricing. When you first contact sales they are quick to respond and help you with any questions you may have, you will most likely speak with Kyle. I first contacted the company back in March 19th of 2014. I ordered a front winch bumper for my 96 K1500. paid $890.00 for it to go into production. It is now August 5th 2014 and I have still not received the bumper, that is 5 month's 140 Days. After numerous phone calls and emails I have gotten generally the same answer "it's currently getting cut and formed, should be ready in so and so days" my emails only get answered on occasion, they always answer the phone. Keep in mind I ordered from this company before I knew their history and reviews, big mistake on my part. ALWAYS look into a company and their reviews before purchasing any service or product. I have only spoken with kyle 2-3 times, I now speak with Ashley an office manager, she is friendly, and understanding. After reading the reviews I expected a fairly long wait of 2-3 months, I am a patient person. I have also been friendly over the phone and in emails as to not burn any bridges. However 5 months is a little excessive to receive any product, keep in mind it is past the 90 day mark to get my money back from the CC company, I would have to take this into small claims court. (I'm hoping it will never reach that point) If it takes a company so long to finish a product they need to invest in more personnel, better tooling/automated equipment. If I ever receive my bumper I will keep this thread updated, and give a review of the quality. If you don't mind waiting 5-6 months for your bumper buy from this company. I honestly believe you could save money and fabricate your own in a lot less time (if I could get my money back that's what I would have done.)

If TAG ever sees this post here are my recommendations:

1. Hire more personnel, get better equipment/automated tooling to increase production times raise your pricing if you have to.
2. be straight forward with customers tell them its going to take 5 to 6 months or your swamped.
3. send pictures/emails of the build progress, at least it is something to keep them happy.

I recommend that If you do decide to purchase from this company, be extremely cautious.

UPDATE:

Customer service- 2 out of 5
Production time- 1 out of 5 (5 months)
Shipping time- 5 out of 5 (2 days)
Paint- 4 out of 5
Welds-4 out of 5
Fitment - 5 out of 5

Last edited:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Thanks for further affirming my depiction to not order a bumper from these guys

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They look cool but honestly their prices aren't all that great. For a well equipped front bumper its more than a Frontier full replacement for my truck.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
The problem is there aren't that many options for 400s

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered one from eBay, good quality and should be fairly sturdy for my purposes

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check my build thread, haven't got but one pic, cause i've been too lazy for pics, but build quality is pretty doggone good

and you've done seen it cause you commented on it couple weeks ago. lol

that and really hate to clutter a TAG thread with non TAG bumpers