system setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have a alpine mpr-m650 amp with a rockfordfosgate 10" 2ohm dual voice coil and a kenwood 345u H/U, my question is what is the best way to tune the amp to the sub. also any suggestions on 6.5 door speakers?

Reaction score
Dont know about tuning the amp to the sub, but I can comment on door speakers. I had Infinity in my old 95' yukon (model # 6022si) and the bass response was terrible but mids and highs were great. I also had two 12" L5 kicker subs in the back with a crunch 1500w amp so the bass didnt matter. Mids and highs were clear and loud with the Infinity's. A 6.5" speaker without an amp can only do so much. My .02

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I usually tune my amps by habing it going half volume or 3/4 and adjust the knobs or screws until you can hear the sub start clipping/distortion. Then I back it off a tad so it doesn't clip and done.

Good word of advice is to set it at the loudest you'd listen to it, then set it so it clips and back it off a tad so it doesn't. That or set it at 3/4 volume and back the screw off 1/8 or 1/4 to be conservative.

Charlesburk

Reaction score
As for the 6.5s, the other guys might try to burn me for saying this, but the factory premium sound speakers in your year sound great with the tweeters in the doors if thats not what you already have