Synthetic blend oil!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I changed my oil about 3000km ago, already half way down the dipstick, after switching to mobil 2000 high mileage, any suggestions? going to change my oil and try again soon, not sure if synthetic is for me

lha1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is your truck burning any oil or got any leaks? Never heard of mobil 2000 high mileage...

I run mobil clean 5000 10w30 conventional in my 89. Been good oil I think.

How many miles on your engine? You kno theres a mobil conventional high mileage too?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't do a synthetic blend in your truck. I had the same experience when I tried Quaker State 5w-30 High Mileage (Semi synthetic), I burned close to a liter of it every 1000kms.

I switched to Mobil Delvac1 0w-40 (diesel oil) with a Lucas Pure Synethic Oil Stabilizer and now I burn maybe half a liter every 5000 kms.

Insane difference. I love the diesel oil in these trucks, it works like a dream, tons of zinc in it, which flat tappet cams (any TBI truck) just love.

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm im not sure ill have to go look around, I think I need to go back to a solid conventional, not sure what's good, I don't really have leaks, hard to tell, going to put cardboard under it to see, whats a good way to tell if your burning oil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trucks got 278,000km so close to 180,000 miles I think, I've heard Mobil, k&n and wix are good filters, my oil is still quite clean having put a Mobil on it, its the original TBI 5.7L engine, i just bought a new throttle body spacer by airiad for it, probably do an oil change pretty quick

Last edited:

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm thinking I might go with one of these next, or just full conventional
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
When switching oils, it is normal for a small increase in consumption for the first few oil change intervals. That being said, some oils have cheaper additive packages than others. If you did 2-3 oil changes with the same oil and consumption stayed the same I would use another oil.

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll give this mobil super 2000 another couple goes, if it's still losing half of the oil I'll try another brand, lots of zinc is a good thing? I see that the red Quaker state jug has a lot of additives like zinc and such

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Generally the 'higher mileage' oils are nothing but a money maker for the oil companies. They charge more money for a tad bit more additives, with the same base stock as their regular engine oils.

I have had great luck with running various oils in my past vehicles since I have started driving but have jumped ship from dino oils to synthetics. When you do the math, buy synthetics on sale, they really aren't that much more money than buying dino oil at full tilt.