Synchromesh Fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F4U-1A

Summer soon.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did a search forums here, nothing came up. Having a very hard time sourcing trans not gender fluid for my 5sp. Dealership up here now ( no help, what's a manual C1500? go to the show room and buy new). I only have 350 ml of ACDelco #10953465, I had purchased many many moons ago. Is there an American after market OEM product I can find? Amazon, Rock Auto? The Black Flies are a biting now. All Good.
You must be registered for see images attach

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See post 5

F4U-1A

Summer soon.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update, they have two quarts left in town at Napa of Pennzoil on hold for me. I believe the Synchromesh is for smoother shifting in the winter up here. But I park the Chevy when the snow flies.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As a general rule, GL4 for gearboxes, GL5 for final drives. The anti-wear additives in GL5 attack yellow metal synchromesh parts.

Paul 97 tahoe

Reaction score
Run Amsoil signature series ATF, way better then the AC Delco or any of the others. You will never regret it.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
If it calls for synchromesh, put that in there! Do not put gear oil in it, it'll shift like garbage any time the weather is under 60F. As 1997 posted, the Pennzoil stuff is a good alternative to the GM stuff. I put A/C Delco in my 1989 and put Pennzoil in the 1992 as I couldn't get the GM stuff. I haven't noticed a difference with either truck other than shift quality improved from the fresh stuff. My trans had gear oil in it before. Both trucks have the same transmission, the 5LM60.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Amsoil makes a synchromesh fluid also. It’s supposed to be really good also. Not sure what it costs. Probably expensive