swapping intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
is it a big improvement to swap the TBI intake for a carb intake and add the adapter for the TBI?
Also If the stock fuel pressure is from 9-12psi will those 15 psi springs be worse or help?
Im working on a 1994 silverado 350 tbi

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
I don't believe swapping the intake is worth much of anything without a tune, I tried to look for a helpful thread I came across once upon a.... but to no avail.

PS: Nice to see someone from the island!

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh I forgot to change my location Im in Saskatchewan now, too much rain but its a beautiful place to visit

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
The thing about an engine, everything needs to be matched together. Certain things will help create more ponies when paired with other things.

Yes, a better flowing intake manifold will improve HP, but not significantly if that's the only thing you do. All air does is provide fuel with the ability to burn. More air without more fuel will not help anything.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
also, doesnt ac have a bracket that is bolted to the stock intake? with a carb/perfomance intake the spot for the mount isnt there if i remember correctly