Swamp Hound's 1997 Yukon Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
These tires USUALLY (i have seen some exceptions) balance out really nice. One of my 35s only has 1/4 ounce on it.

Good to know, hopefully everything goes smoothly. This will be a big item of the list if it does.

Tripp

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where are the pics with the new wheels?!?!11

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Been almost 2 months since I looked at this thread, so let me post some updates and pics.

First off, truck got new ball joints, UCA bushings, and new tires. Turns out my UCAs aren't actually factory. They are from Skyjacker and are part of their 2-3" lift kit. Which explains why I was able to get nearly 2" of crank and still have really good CV angles.
The tires are awesome. They ride is incredible and they pull really good in the mud.

You must be registered for see images attach

While I've been away, I've been putting away every penny I can for my lift. And I'm close to having all the funds. Also been chasing a power steering leak. I'm 90% sure its from the high pressure line so I've been fighting that when I have the spare time. Once I get that taken care of and get her back on the road, I plan on getting her straight piped and ordering a lightbar to throw on the front. After that, the lift kit should be on its way and I can finally get this sucker up in the air some.

So to recap.
New IFS parts. New M/Ts. And a high pressure line holding up progress.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Seems I've finally fixed the power steering leak. New high pressure line seemed to do it. Going in for straight pipes tomorrow or later this week!

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Thinking about color matching parts of the lift to match the truck (emerald metallic green). I doubt it will hold up to long, but has anyone else color matched their drop brackets etc?