Swamp Hound's 1997 Yukon Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Thinking about color matching parts of the lift to match the truck (emerald metallic green). I doubt it will hold up to long, but has anyone else color matched their drop brackets etc?

I agree with this completely. I would like to do the same.

sent from what is likely a government flagged smartphone. Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
You have a very nice yukon. Cant wait to see this thing up high

sent from a likely flagged LG tablet

Last edited:

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Alright. Been at it for 4 1/2 hours and I'm at my limit for today. I knew going in stuff was going to go wrong, but this is ridiculous. For starters, my front passenger tire is glued to the hub. Tried everything short of my buddies winch to get this thing off. It just wont budge.

Then I had a nice surprise waiting for me when I scooted up underneath the truck to release the passenger side torsion bar.

You must be registered for see images attach

My cat is in the way, leaving no room for me to get the balljoint press on the cross member.

I knew I was going to have to hack up my exhaust some, but it looks like I may have to cut almost from the header back to the cross member to make this work.

That's all I can think of to vent about right now. Impact will be here in 2-3 days so maybe by then I'll be into the meat of this install.

Oh, wait. Almost forgot. Truck started pissing power steering fluid (AGAIN!!!!) after sitting for an hour.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Lol it'll make you hate it before you're done... Then you'll fall in love with it again when it's all finished!
If it gets done lol. I can see this little adventure is going to bleed me dry before it let's me love it again.