Swamp Hound's 1997 Yukon Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Ouch. Never mind that. I'll buy a 6 inch rcx and a two inch block and not crank with the add a leaf. 4 inches of rear lift with more towing. For the same money. Thanks for the info though!

sent from what is likely a government flagged smartphone.

That's my plan actually, no crank and just run 4" of lift until I can afford 35s.

Sent while drivi-

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
That's my plan actually, no crank and just run 4" of lift until I can afford 35s.

Sent while drivi-

My plans are coming unraveled since this manifold issue popped up. With the rust I could benefit more from a southern truck and building that and using mine as a winter beater instead of sinkin money into a rust bucket

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
My plans are coming unraveled since this manifold issue popped up. With the rust I could benefit more from a southern truck and building that and using mine as a winter beater instead of sinkin money into a rust bucket

I totally understand that too, just found an oil leak on mine :D

Sent while drivi-

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I totally understand that too, just found an oil leak on mine :D

Sent while drivi-

Hahaha if leaks meant I needed a new ride I would have had a new one a long time ago. Looks like yours could be the filter mount. No big fix. Done mine already.

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score

But you love yours

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Ouch. Never mind that. I'll buy a 6 inch rcx and a two inch block and not crank with the add a leaf. 4 inches of rear lift with more towing. For the same money. Thanks for the info though!

Just shackle flip skip the ad a leaf and block

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Just shackle flip skip the ad a leaf and block

Not sure of there is any truth to this, but I read an add leaf will increase your max towing load a bit, and a shackle flip can reduce it some.

Sent while drivi-

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
But you love yours
I do so I won't get rid of it. Its bound to have the frame Rot through At some point so lifting it and everything isn't really smart unless I swap it onto a different southern truck when I get one. I'm not 100% sure what direction my truck life or money is going to go so I have to play things as they come. I may actually end up lifting it. Then again I may not. But one thing is for sure the green machine will stay I'm my name until it is a pile of slag and scrap. For now its still rolling and its still my DD and it is paid for. Its a rolling model for my custom led and mods side business and I plan to fix what I can rust wise on the body. It's a work in progress and I have other things I should invest in like a house fund as well. I can't stand living where I am but I can't justify renting an apartment or house unless I have no choice. Right now I do. So that's what I'll save for. But I still plan to give the truck some love.
Not sure of there is any truth to this, but I read an add leaf will increase your max towing load a bit, and a shackle flip can reduce it some.

Sent while drivi-

I could use the upped towing capacity. I do tow on occasion and it would help.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Got my tires ordered. 33" Federal Couragi M/Ts, should have pics up tomorrow assuming I get off work in time for me to go get them mounted and balanced.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
These tires USUALLY (i have seen some exceptions) balance out really nice. One of my 35s only has 1/4 ounce on it.