Subwoofer's, Boxes and Amps-Where are they?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GWKP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

2 10" Kicker CVR's and a Crunch 1400w two channel amp. I have a 2.2 Farad digital cap to install as well but didn't have time. Got the box for $20 used at a local car audio place. The last pic is of the brass adapter you will need to mount the subs to the side-post battery. $15 with shipping from Crutchfield or about $10 from a local place (where I got mine). Oh, get the long adapter, not the short one, that's for cars. Not bad for a $260 setup. Putting CVX's in before winter. :evillol:

nice setup! question did u run a inline fuse from your battery to the amp? is there really a need for one?

Reaction score
Yes. I ran an 80 amp gold plated fuse. It is directly under the air box assembly. There is definately a need for one as the two fuses in the amplifier (my particular amp, some have no fuses in the amplifier) are not enough to handle the potential for a direct short. I shorted the positive wire when installing it, and blew the fuse, which prevented my hand from grounding the connection, trust me, for the ten dollars you are going to spend on it, it is more than worth it. I've had buddies tell me that it also improves the clarity somewhat by using a higher amp fuse but not sure about that.

GWKP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i was def going to run a fuse but on a lot of setups i never see a inline fuse thanks

DoubleTap308

Reaction score
I'm thinking of scrapping the double 12" speaker box in the back of my 94 Blazer. Does anyone have or have had 2 separate boxes in the rear of these trucks? I was thinking about putting one on each side to free up some space in the back I just don't know how they'd look

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
thats some funny **** right there. a buddy of mine just did that in his truck, i havn't stopped harassing him yet lol.

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i would love to downsize my system. i love bass but would like to find a smaller footprint size sub that will still put out the sound im looking for. right now i have a single 15'' behind my drivers seat in a sealed 3.5 cu box. only 400 watts.

jaemitch

Reaction score
This is all in my Burban all work done by me!! if u get me max dimensions i can try and come up with a design sumthing for ya