Subwoofer stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Personally I'd avoid Rockville. Everything they make is dirt cheap and poorly built IMO.

Hammer_95

Reaction score
So my sub RMS is rated at 50-150.

So for my new amp I should get something close to that range right? It's hard to find something with a low enough RMS for it, but I found a Rockville one thats rated at 200RMS.

Heres the link: Link

Another one im looking at: link
Why not just find a two channel amp at bridge it mono? That would get you in the sweet spot for your sub

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 50-150 is something I've never seen a manufacturer do. They have a recommendation wattage for peak and rms. Which the kicker link you provided shows.
When ran the numbers you gave, this is the info I found from kicker:
You must be registered for see images attach

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 50-150 is something I've never seen a manufacturer do. They have a recommendation wattage for peak and rms. Which the kicker link you provided shows.
When ran the numbers you gave, this is the info I found from kicker:
You must be registered for see images attach
Yeah that sub looks way different than mine, mines older than that for sure

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The amplifier outputs A/C voltage through the speaker wires not D/C.

If the power indicator light is blinking then it’s probably going into protection mode, the random pop you hear is probably the amp kicking on and off.

Is that a single or dual voice coil sub?

If the coil in the sub makes any noise as you gently push it in then the coil is burnt up.

Smell the spider or the vent hole below the magnet, if there’s a putrid eye burning smell then the coil is toasted.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A 4ohm rated coil shouldn’t show anything but close to 4 ohm. Gotta make sure nothing is touching the speaker and the wind isn’t blowing when you test it too.

Not talking smack but comp CVs aren’t known for a long life expectancy lol.

You can also set your leads then slowly and gently push in the center of the sub while watching the meter and see if you see a 0 reading.

Crutchfields rating system is confusing for people. That is an older entry level kicker rated at 150 rms. They give you the 50 rms because it’s hard for an under powered amp to run a sub with a higher rating.