Subwoofer's, Boxes and Amps-Where are they?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats a nice setup. my box is built to my sub. im just waiting til the day it goes and i will downsize. i would like to maybe go back to an image dynamics single 12 or something along those lines. only have 400 rms at 2 ohms to give

fletch

Reaction score
i was def going to run a fuse but on a lot of setups i never see a inline fuse thanks

Running an inline fuse from your battery is not to save your amp, it's to help prevent your truck from burning down if the power wire were to ever become shorted. This is why the inline fuse should be no more than 12-18 inches from the battery.

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i still havent permanently made a nice floor for box to hold it but it hasnt moved yet haha. its been going for about 5.5 years now amp and sub. amp is an alpine mrp 450 and soundstream sub both matched at 400 rms at 2 ohms. Its amazing with the proper box, it sounds amazing, not sloppy at all, very clean.

You must be registered for see images attach

Scuttles

Reaction score
Hey everybody, im new to this website and ive got some questions. I have a 95 cclb that needs a new system. It is an old DOT truck and both rear speakers are blown. I really want to put in a set of subs, new speakers all around and a new head unit. my first issue is I cant find any sub enclosures that works in a 95 crew. i could make my own but i currently am at college and dont have all my power tools or a place to do any type of construction. second issue, the truck is a 95 but i have seats from a 2001 (or at least DOT records say the seats and engine are from a 2001) i dont know if they are different but its confusing. third issue, being in college means i have little money and cant get top of the line components. all in all i just want to be able to hear my speakers when on the interstate doing 65 with the windows down (no ac) for the lowest price...

96SSilverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is a pic of my setup:

Two Memphis audio 12's and a 1200 watt amp will be upgrading them soon.

You must be registered for see images attach

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I also have a crew cab and have had the same problem. I got 2 12's I have been wanting to put in there for awhile but can't find a box. I think I am gonna have to end up either making a box or getting the wedge boxes that go behind the seats. But they have like a 6.75" mounting depth and my subs are like 6.48" or something like that.

jaemitch

Reaction score
I also have a crew cab and have had the same problem. I got 2 12's I have been wanting to put in there for awhile but can't find a box. I think I am gonna have to end up either making a box or getting the wedge boxes that go behind the seats. But they have like a 6.75" mounting depth and my subs are like 6.48" or something like that.

how much space is under the seats?