Stupid Arm Rest.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthernYankee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The site is www.gmpartscheap.com we're out of New Hudson, MI but I can ship anywhere in the US. Some stuff is big bucks even with my discount but in this case the arm rests are fairly cheap. Let me know what year or send me the last 8 digits of your VIN and I can look them up that way. BTW if anyone needs any hard to find info you can PM me. I have access to the GM Snap-on catalog, all data, dealer only stuff, etc. I'd be glad to help out in any way I can.

Any chance you still work there? I picked up some door panels at the junkyard but one of the armrests is busted.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dude, my driver's side armrest keeps breaking. Like, this is the third one I've gone through. The mounting posts on the back suck pretty bad and keep snapping.

Anyone have a long term fix for this?
Yep. I tried a couple of different types of clip but the cardboard in the panel wont hold anything.
I ended up taking the armrest apart, cleaned all of the excess foam and plastic flashing of of it, rough sanded it with some 60 grit just to give it a place to bite, cleaned it off with some alcholol and put it all back together with some 3m double sided trim tape.
Just remember to use new tape and press it together really well so it bonds.
I think its a "pressure sensitive adhesive" but I dont recall
And dont get your fingers on the tape or get it dirty when you do it
It might have used a couple of layers to fill the gaps but I really dont remember.
This worked in the original 94 armrests and its been holding for at least 5 years.
I just went and checked it and its still pretty solid.