stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HeavyAsAChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Found this on a backroad for sale on the side of the road. I’m going to test drive it Thursday and most likely buying it! 1997 4x4, 280k on the dash, factory replacement motor with about 140k he says. Purrs like a cat, pretty bad exhaust leak due to cracked manifold(easily weld able). Awesome truck though.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
Seat upgrade?
These guys have the brackets to swap 2000-2022 GM truck seats & consoles into 400's.

Equinox seats in a GMT400, that's something I haven't heard of. The GMT800 seat brackets might encourage me to buy a GMT400 Esky and do that swap, with GMT800 Escalade seats.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Seat upgrade?
These guys have the brackets to swap 2000-2022 GM truck seats & consoles into 400's.

There's another guy making some too, that's a member on here. No disrepect intended to either, but the prices for those brackets are insane. The ease of install would be nice, but not worth that to me, maybe at half that.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Looks like a nice ride just needs a big in&out detailing!! Lol and it’ll take off half them miles and really give life back into it!! And what’s the price or was the price you paid? Lol an no signs of rust I saw at least in the time I looked but seems solid and taken care of for the most part and maybe it’s just person selling can’t afford it or just cause it’s lil older thinks it’s no good? Or doesn’t see it for what it is and has just done the minimum to fix or be able to sell it? But it sure is nicer than quiet a few 400’s with less miles! An on another note equinox seats? Wtf in a 400? That’s just not right at all even beaten up 400 seats are better than equinox seats!! But to each they own!! Oh btw you’d need change all the seats different pattern and to me not as comfortable but if you get all for the right price then I can’t be made especially since 400 esky seats are hard to come bye in good condition!!! An to me 400 Escalades have aged better than 800’s and 300,000-350,000 units were made of gmt800 Escalades vs basically 49,000 400’s!

800’s are thee most made Escalade gen so far I do hope they make more of all the other gens even the V’s to make 400’s more special than they already are but are under appreciated imo an that’s not because I own one but they’re the reason for the suv market and honestly 400’s are the start of all what is now suv based car market it just doesn’t seem so because it was just the beginning!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score

Found this on a backroad for sale on the side of the road. I’m going to test drive it Thursday and most likely buying it! 1997 4x4, 280k on the dash, factory replacement motor with about 140k he says. Purrs like a cat, pretty bad exhaust leak due to cracked manifold(easily weld able). Awesome truck though.
See there's a truck out there for you, you just have to keep looking! Hopefully you'll be happy with the test drive and be able to get it.
We're getting ready to head up to Austin in Rawhide, Burb is still in the collision repair shop. Went by to check on him Monday, half the front end is stripped off and he looked kinda nekkid and forlorn in the rain. Their supplier says the only bumper they can get is more than I or the insurance company will pay for, so more discussion about that when we get back.....

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Any chances of you getting a bumper yourself to have them put on? One with the square cutouts if possible I just think they’re way kool and gives you that much more added light going down the road especially when these newer vehicles have like 6-10 lights on going down the road at night headlights DRL’s fog lights an some have extra DRL’s it’s like a Xmas decorated car going down the road! But hopefully you get it all worked out!

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Just seen these last night while looking up taillights idk if they legit but pretty low price for all that’s there! And at bottom of page had social media links for those that have them but they pretty kool and figured someone would like them

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just seen these last night while looking up taillights idk if they legit but pretty low price for all that’s there! And at bottom of page had social media links for those that have them but they pretty kool and figured someone would like them
Is that legal? Not that I’m interested in buying them.