stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Long Play Vinyl records. Played at 33-1/3 RPM on the 'ol Victrola :evillol:. I'm not quite that old, I had a Technics SL1700 direct drive turntable with a Stanton 681EEE cartridge tracking at ~1/2 Gram.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow that's cool. So there like records but smaller? Lol
no, they're the big records, just the correct designation. Otherwise you may be thinking I'm talking about 45s which were used in the old Juke Boxes, or even older 78s (my dad had a bunch of them). From large to small - LPs, 78s, then 45s.

Kinda like in this song (referring to LP records)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gets the groove on lol. That's cool though. Crazy how much tech has changed how music comes out lol. Lol remember VHS? That's another one we had playing forever until Hollywood video went bye bye then we had to do DVDs. I barely remember blockbuster....

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I used to record VHS tapes all the time when I was younger, it was fun recording TV on it, and learning all the tricks you could do with them, like putting tape over the square so you could re-record it even though the tab was broken lol. I haven't recorded on a VHS since I was like 14 or so, since I mainly make DVDs now. I had gotten into CDs when I was about 9 or 10 and still love buying them. Over the years, my collection has grown quite a bit, for a while there it was like an addiction. I like think they'll be worth something when I get older, but they probably won't hahaha.