stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Yes, Silverado was a package in the GMT 400 line, Unlike the GMT 800s. Kind if like the LTZ today, the 400 Silverados were top of the line. My 97 is a Silverado and has almost all of the OE options. Only options missing on mine is leather and power seats. Oh, and overhead console.
My grandpa's 97 QC conversion is like that too, except it has the custom leatherette seats, but I assume it had factory cloth seats prior. Weird how some Silverado's didn't come with overhead console, you would think since they were the top of the line package they would've had them by default.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In 88 there weren't near that many options. My "Silverado" came with PW, PDL, Cruise, tilt wheel, AM/FM Cassette, sport steering wheel, Moonie gauges (yuck) no tach, trim package with plastic "chrome" strip on sides and front bumper, and gold bow tie. It didn't even come with a cargo light or center brake light, no remote entry, no overhead console, etc. They came a long way in 11+ years.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My grandpa's 97 QC conversion is like that too, except it has the custom leatherette seats, but I assume it had factory cloth seats prior. Weird how some Silverado's didn't come with overhead console, you would think since they were the top of the line package they would've had them by default.
My 96 silverado doesn’t have the overhead console and it has Cloth front seats but a rear leather so i think the fronts were recovered or replaced.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I'm not even sure if GMT400 pickups had the overhead console as an option? I think that was am option ins Suburbans/Tahoes. Upfitters may have installed them though.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not even sure if GMT400 pickups had the overhead console as an option? I think that was am option ins Suburbans/Tahoes. Upfitters may have installed them though.

I’ve got one that came in mine (98 ex-cab) but can’t say that I’ve ever used anything in it. The garage door opener thing with the LEGO blocks and Velcro strip is a curiosity these days.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
My 96 silverado doesn’t have the overhead console and it has Cloth front seats but a rear leather so i think the fronts were recovered or replaced.
In my experience, usually the 2500/3500s weren't as highly optioned as a half ton was, but you mentioned that it probably had leather seats which confuses me why yours didn't come with the console from the factory.

In the hunt for a truck for our oldest, I ran across this listing for a Dodge. I like them, they’re nice looking trucks. But damn they have dash issues worse than our trucks...

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2934747559968973/?ref=browse_tab&search_query=2001 Dodge Ram 1500&tracking={"qid":"6851349294332699076","mf_story_key":"4102567926484941","commerce_rank_obj":"{\"target_id\":4102567926484941,\"target_type\":0,\"primary_position\":-1,\"ranking_signature\":0,\"commerce_channel\":503,\"value\":0,\"upsell_type\":null}"}

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach
Imo, that's the best looking era of the Dodge trucks. Dash issues are notorious in those 2nd gens.

When I was younger, two of my uncles bought brand new 2nd gen Dodges with the 24V Cummins, one was blue and one was a burgundy/purple, both were chromed out. My dad had put dual chrome stacks on both of them as well. Those things were badass. I think my parent's still have pictures of the blue one if you'd want to see it.

Both of my trucks have the overhead console from the factory. Reg cabs never got them iirc. I'm not entirely sure if there is an RPO code for it.