stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In my experience, usually the 2500/3500s weren't as highly optioned as a half ton was, but you mentioned that it probably had leather seats which confuses me why yours didn't come with the console from the factory.

Imo, that's the best looking era of the Dodge trucks. Dash issues are notorious in those 2nd gens.

When I was younger, two of my uncles bought brand new 2nd gen Dodges with the 24V Cummins, one was blue and one was a burgundy/purple, both were chromed out. My dad had put dual chrome stacks on both of them as well. Those things were badass. I think my parent's still have pictures of the blue one if you'd want to see it.

Both of my trucks have the overhead console from the factory. Reg cabs never got them iirc. I'm not entirely sure if there is an RPO code for it.
I wish it would’ve I’ve been considering adding one. My headrests and armrests are still leather but the armrests have cloth covers over them. I imagine that the front seats were ripped and they just grabbed some out of something else and pit them in there.

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unless prices on these trucks are going higher than im aware of. The dually and manual is cool but 200k only a 5.7 and 2wd and he still wants 10k?? 7 perhaps but idk. Correct me of im off. Would that make a 6.5t and 4x4 manual worth 15?

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Regular cab duallies are hard to find, and that price is inline with what I normally see. It took me years to find one that wasn't priced like that. Mine was used and abused, and felt like I got a deal at $3000.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unless prices on these trucks are going higher than im aware of. The dually and manual is cool but 200k only a 5.7 and 2wd and he still wants 10k?? 7 perhaps but idk. Correct me of im off. Would that make a 6.5t and 4x4 manual worth 15?
I thought it was really really high myself.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought it was really really high myself.
To me, its high also. If it had a new paint job, it would be worth more IMO, but still not that much. A lot of what it is worth, has to do with where you live. If you live in the rust belt, then yea, Im sure its worth that. Where I live, things dont rust that much, and a dully wont bring that kind of money even with fresh paint. It would have to be hot rodded to bring any where close to 10k down here.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To me, its high also. If it had a new paint job, it would be worth more IMO, but still not that much. A lot of what it is worth, has to do with where you live. If you live in the rust belt, then yea, Im sure its worth that. Where I live, things dont rust that much, and a dully wont bring that kind of money even with fresh paint. It would have to be hot rodded to bring any where close to 10k down here.
In nc barely anything rusts. My truck barely even had surface rust on the frame. 10k is Super high I probably wouldn’t even pay 7 for it unless it was maintained super good and was really clean

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In nc barely anything rusts. My truck barely even had surface rust on the frame. 10k is Super high I probably wouldn’t even pay 7 for it unless it was maintained super good and was really clean
Yea, its the same here. Im 30 miles from the Gulf of Mexico, so things here dont rust much ether. It never snows here, so no salted roads. I dont have a single spot of rust anywhere on my 97 Silverado. The thing that kills our vehicles here is the heat, and sun. Plastic tend to get brittle and crack, and the sun will fad your paint, and in time make your clear coat peel. Im in the city so never a gravel road. Never off road. My truck is more of a street truck. It is in near show room condition, and gets a lot of attention. I was asked last week if I wanted to sale it, I said I will let it go for $10,000. The response was, well Im not saying its not worth that, but thanks anyway. I said, Im not looking to sale it anyway. With 250,000 miles on the clock, it may not be worth that much, but it is to me, and I wont take less than that for it.
You must be registered for see images attach

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea, its the same here. Im 30 miles from the Gulf of Mexico, so things here dont rust much ether. It never snows here, so no salted roads. I dont have a single spot of rust anywhere on my 97 Silverado. The thing that kills our vehicles here is the heat, and sun. Plastic tend to get brittle and crack, and the sun will fad your paint, and in time make your clear coat peel. Im in the city so never a gravel road. Never off road. My truck is more of a street truck. It is in near show room condition, and gets a lot of attention. I was asked last week if I wanted to sale it, I said I will let it go for $10,000. The response was, well Im not saying its not worth that, but thanks anyway. I said, Im not looking to sale it anyway. With 250,000 miles on the clock, it may not be worth that much, but it is to me, and I wont take less than that for it.
I love how you have that setup under the hood! You wanna share some info on it? My truck isn’t near as clean as that but I probably wouldn’t let it go for anything. My girlfriends always asking me would i trade my truck for a new silverado or something and i tell her there is no way id ever Trade it. It may be crazy but i just couldn’t. They salt the roads down here pretty good but I really don’t know why because we don’t even get any snow, we hardly ever see 6”. My truck has two little spots of rust on the hood where the paint chipped but that’s it. My paint isn’t the worst but it’s not great either. My driver side fender is peeling, it’s got scratches, both the doors have dents, the cab has a dent right above the bed beside the back glass. All of that is from the previous owner though and I’m going to do some body work in the future to make it look as clean as possible. I honestly hate looking at it seeing the dents in it and seeing the paint messed up. That’s another thing though my trucks got around 310k on it and if i was to try and sell it I’d never get back the time or money i put into it so I’m just gonna keep it till death due us part lol.