stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
That tonneau is hideous. I completely forgot about that one and now I know that I won't be able to forget for quite some time. I need some eye bleach!
:lol: You're welcome, hahaha. They are definitely not one the prettiest tonneau's I've seen.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I bought a lighted Lund MoonVisor and found eBay's got an LED upgrade kit with new lenses, posting here in case anybody wants to rejuvinate their old visors: https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Lund-L...183289?hash=item261e5d3979:g:S~8AAOSw9GhYgYj4
I bought clear bullet lights from the petercar dealer with their own harness and clear lenses and spent about $50. I do t see anything special about that kit aside from being "Lund" licensed product.
There's definitely a point. My brother in law fell for one of these bs scams. 2001 dodge extended cad 4wd. 100k miles and absolutely immaculate. Looked like a show truck.They only wanted 1500 for it because they were about to be deployed and didn't want it sitting. However, they wanted the money on Walmart gift cards wired to them and they'd ship it from nellis AFB to Oklahoma. That idiot fell for it and sure enough, never seen the truck.
Anything that demands gift cards as a form of payment is a scam. I had "my power company" call me and demand gift cards as payment or I would have my power shut off. They used a VOIP network to make the call and camouflaged the caller ID to reflect my power provider's customer service number so my caller ID tagged it. As soon as they demanded gift cards from the dollar general I laughed and told em to get fücked. They said my power would be shut off if I hung up.

They knew my name and address so they had done their research and I would have been mildly concerned if I had a smart meter because those can be disabled remotely but my meter is old school so unless they had a flight scheduled to Michigan a US meter puller and some military grade body armor, they ain't taking me off the grid anytime soon [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love it when they call GMT400's a "Silverado"..........
Yes, Silverado was a package in the GMT 400 line, Unlike the GMT 800s. Kind if like the LTZ today, the 400 Silverados were top of the line. My 97 is a Silverado and has almost all of the OE options. Only options missing on mine is leather and power seats. Oh, and overhead console.