STROKER rcsb sierra bagged build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is coming together nicely! It's the details that pull builds together, and the shaved firewall and cab seams look great!

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thank yall...

well i havent got much done but i did get to start spraying the sound deading on the firewall tonight.. also got all the seams sealed with 3M seam sealer..

You must be registered for see images attach

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
havent really got alot done just more body work.. been working the doors the past few days ive got atleast 3 days in one door and i hope it have the one door primed an hung back on the cab tomorrow.. but even then im not done working the doors.. i want everything to line up an be smooth as glass when the paint is put on.. just so some of yall know i hand block everything i got 6 blocks from 6 inches to 24 inches the only thing i used as far as air is my D.A. but here is pix of one door i have been working an is close to its first coat of primer...

checking my fit and gaps before i block it with 180grit

laying do some mud to block

you can see some of the high spots in the door coming up but its strait now i hammer and dolly the door to get most of the high places out but with the door brace on the inside i cant get them all..

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
the tubs came out nice
its great to block everything by hand you can also work those high spots out

now uhh kinda lost why you covered the whole bottom of the door in filler Ive never seen that done and seems very uneeded at least from the outside looking in.

NM I know why you did it

I would suggest buying a longboard sander you can get everything real close with it then go over it by hand...after you sand the bottom of that door you will want one lol

Last edited:

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Really depends on what your asking lol.. the firewall was a PITA!!! There was alot of cutting and welding to get it where it is.. the back of the cab has taking me about 2 days to do you just have to take your time when welding the body line up cuz you can make a ok job into a POS fast..

If you have never welded sheet metal the thin stuff don't just jump off into it.. find some old doors and play around with them welding to get the hang of it.. but to truly answer your question yeah its alot of work for every little.. I have a "I can't stop" problem lol.. I keep picking at the small stuff that I think will make a difference but truthfully alot of people will not see the stuff that's done unless you know these trucks well..

Thanks man, im going to use this body work as inspiration! :) I got lots of smoothening to do! From the dash, to the fire wall... Now the bac kof the cab! Thanks alot man!! lol, quick question though, how do you remove the wiring harness from the fire wall? I had tried and the passenger side looks like a huge thing of glue on the inside of the plastic cassing ...

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you look under the dash there is a plug its right around the a/c heater box.. unplug it take the screws out of the firewall then pull it out..

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the tubs came out nice
its great to block everything by hand you can also work those high spots out

now uhh kinda lost why you covered the whole bottom of the door in filler Ive never seen that done and seems very uneeded at least from the outside looking in.

NM I know why you did it

I would suggest buying a longboard sander you can get everything real close with it then go over it by hand...after you sand the bottom of that door you will want one lol

These doors are like a was board lol.. I put a thing layer on the top and bottom after I work the door with a hammer an dolly.. this insures me after everything is 100% done its as straight as it can be..

I was thinking about buying a air sander but my compressor will not keep up with it..

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I got the one door done last night. All primed and it came out real good, I plain to get it back on the cab today then start all over on the other door. Not looking forward to it as you can tell!! Lol..